Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
We want to address concerns about COVID-19
Discovery Point Retreat (DPR) is dedicated to the health and safety of our clients and staff. Our top priority is ensuring the integrity of our facilities, our clients lives, and our dedicated employes. DPR is aware of the growing concern of Coronavirus nationwide and in our communities. In response to this situation, facility management has been closely following the Center for Disease Control and the Joint Commission for best practices. Our staff has been trained on the CDC’s recommended guidelines for COVID-19 and is actively implementing new procedures into our daily routine. We are rigorously maintaining a safe, sanitary environment including heightened disinfecting and increased hygiene protocols to effectively combat the spread of COVID-19.
We are currently accepting patients into all of our facilities with increased health and safety precautions.
Some of our immediate operation changes include:
- We’ve added additional sanitary supplies including antibacterial soap, hand sanitizers, antimicrobial wipes, bleach, and disinfectant.
- We have increased the frequency of routine cleaning which includes all frequently touched surfaces in the workplace, such as workstations, counter tops, and doorknobs.
- Nursing has implemented additional assessments and screenings specifically for Coronavirus upon intake.
- We have posted extra signage in our Residential and Outpatient facilities reminding clients, staff, and visitors of proper hand washing etiquette and encouraging the use of face masks if respiratory symptoms occur.
- DPR is working with local health officials to ensure we are in full compliance with directives and well informed of new guidelines.
- Employees who have symptoms of acute respiratory illness are recommended to stay home and not come to work until they are free of fever (100.4°F [37.8°C] or greater using an oral thermometer), signs of a fever, and any other symptoms for at least 24 hours, without the use of fever-reducing or other symptom-altering medicines (e.g. cough suppressants).
- Employees planning to travel out of the country are required to contact Human Resources in advance.
- All of the direct care staff are undergoing hand hygiene observations and all staff are required to complete a hygiene competency quiz.
- As a national provider of behavioral healthcare, we are currently unable to join other industries who may have implemented temporary telecommuting policies. Currently, all employees will report to their work locations as usual. We will communicate any updates as needed based on CDC guidelines.
Our DPR team is incredibly proud of the work we do to help individuals and families struggling with addiction and behavioral health disorders. We are ever-vigilant at this time to fulfill our mission of providing the highest level of care for each person we serve. We will continue to update you with any new policies, procedures or developing news.